St Tropez - Sénéquier is celebrating 125 years
The Maison Sénéquier is celebrating its 125 anniversary this year. The story began in 1887 when Marie and Martin Sénéquier created their first pastry shop on the Place des Herbes, between the Eglise de l’Assomption and the port of Saint-Tropez. They were notorious not only for their pastries, but for their white nougat. They had two children, Aristide and Elisabeth, known as Titi and Lisette. Lisette married a local from the Pyrénées, Casimir (referred to as Casi, or Pépé Casi), in 1929. With Aristide, they opened, during the ‘30’s, the current Maison Sénéquier boutique whose terrace opens onto the Saint-Tropez port. The Sénéquier legend had begun.
The complete text is available on the French version of La Lettre.
La légende de Sénéquier
164 pages, 162 illustrations